Every business is unique and having a sales plan help you to focus on increasing the product or service visibility.
A Sales plan concentrates on actually selling the product or service.
It is important to come up with a sales plan that suits your company’s identity and business model.
Targeting the right people with the right message is the key to a successful sales strategy.
Are you a business owner and you are tired of making poor sales online?
Do you want to increase and grow your customers and audiences?
Many businesses have failed due to a lack of a proper sales strategy. Read our practical tips that will help to improve your business which will save your money and help boost e-commerce sales.
How to make Sales Online
Get more Ad clicks and Ad Extensions.
Ad Extensions are a brainer. It makes it easier and faster for customers to find what they want. Online advertising offers targeting options that increase the odds of reaching the potential customers who already want your products.
Online advertising is a good way to reach more people faster. Pay-Per-Click[PPC] platforms like Google Ads and social advertising channels can get information about your e-commerce store and products in front of people who had never heard of it. With social media advertising, you can have consistent sales coming in from the first day your website is live.
The Different Types Of Social Media Platforms To Serve Ads:
- Social networking[ Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+]
- Microblogging [Twitter, Tumblr]
- Video sharing[Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook Live, Periscope, Instagram reels, Tiktoks]
- Photo sharing [ Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat]
You can advertise on Pinterest or Instagram for businesses like home décor, food, beauty, fashion and so on
And LinkedIn, for businesses targeting corporates or who are in B2B.
2. Consider structuring your sites or product pages
One of the important ingredients to a better sales strategy is a well-designed product page. Product pages exist to tell customers why your product is valuable, how your product or service work, explain which needs it fulfils or problem it solves, the benefits it provides, specify how it is different from the competition and lists the details or procedure a customer needs to see or follow before making a buying decision.
Your product page is where the majority of your customers finally decide to either buy your products or leave your store. Great product pages help in your search engine rankings and bring in more customers.
Offer fewer choices by arranging your products into beautiful rows. Many visitors get overwhelmed by dozen of choices or products to choose from, which later lead to indecision on their parts. Consider using high-quality photos, videos to display product variants.
This will also persuade the customers and make your work easy. You can also use visuals and videos to show customers what they had looked out for when purchasing the product in person.
Also, write product pages that appeal to what your audience cares about, look over the reviews and feedback you have received from your loyal customers. Take notes of the product description which can help you to address the main features and a brief overview of its benefits to the consumers. Standard product descriptions should be between 305- 400 words.
3. Target lookalike audiences.
Use the data you have about existing customers and followers to target people who are similar to them. Targeting lookalike audiences is an effective tool that helps to reach out to effective users and take results to a new level.
Lookalike audience and custom audience work hand in hand. While a custom audience is built with your existing prospects, lookalike audiences let you explore and reach entirely new people who haven’t heard of your business but they are similar to your buyer personas and your current customer base.
Custom Audiences enables you to retarget your past website visitors or people who have engaged with your content and also find your existing customers. Custom Audiences are created based on your existing customer files, for example, the email lists, Apple IDs or phone numbers.
To target lookalike audiences, your custom audience needs to have a minimum of 100 people. You can create a custom audience that includes visits to all product pages or all pages on your website if you don’t have enough people for your custom audience based on your product page.
Proper targeting will not only make your ads more successful but will also lower your overall cost of running them.
4. Provide as many payment options as possible
Offering multiple payment options can improve your conversion rates. Customers expectations for ease, speed and security keep on rising each day. If consumers are given different payment options, this will help them make purchases and pay in the manner that best soothes them. This help to improve their online experience.
The following are the examples of online payment services:
- Credit cards
- Google wallets payment
- Amazon Pay
- eBay Managed Payments
- Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- Bank transfers
- Apple pay
- Skrill and so on
5. Offer a short-term discount.
Discounts are an effective way to drive new e-commerce businesses to your stores. Although, discounts do mean a cut in your profits, when you are looking for a boost in sales, the increase in customers can make a smaller profit margin per sale worth it. Customers are also attracted to your product when the price is quite lower than your competitors. Consider offering discounts once in a while.
6. Answer every question and address every objection in your copy.
Don’t believe your customer know more about what you are selling. Consider every question you can probably think of and answer it in your copy on your product pages. You shouldn’t leave customers in suspense. Understanding your customer and challenging your assumptions through the voice of customer research is important in figuring out what is on your customers’ minds during research.
Be straightforward and approachable in all your sales copy; from your homepage to your email campaigns.
Good communication is valued by clients or buyers and can help to create loyal repeated customers. Also, always aim to improve, be on top of your game and resolve mistakes and issues immediately. Don’t wait until it gets out of hand. For negative feedback spreads fast.
7. Be honest in your sales
Stay true to your value. Know your core values as a business or company and ensure that you stick to this throughout the day to day running of the company as well as in your long-term business decisions. If you are a small business, take pride in that. Don’t try to be something you are not.
How to make your business visible online
Online visibility is the ability of a business to be seen by its target audience; whether on social media or Search Engine Result Pages(SERP). It can spread the word about what you do and connect you with customers who wouldn’t have known you existed.
The following ways are how you can build visibility as a business or brand
- Have a website. Having a website is important. This is where you introduce yourself to prospective customers or clients on your “About Us” page. You need to position yourself strategically to boost your business or brand and increase sales. If they don’t know your business or brand exists, you don’t have the chance of letting them know how good you are or what problem your products can solve.
- Pick a social media platform to dominate. Create your page and start building an audience. It is great to have a lot of followers, but it isn’t all about the numbers. Don’t follow people who don’t care about what you post regarding your business. Follow and join conversations relevant to your brand or business. For some people, Facebook is the best place to start and build a thriving business. You can also follow similar brands and if they like what you share, they will follow you in return. Always choose quality over quantity.
- Invest in your Ads. You don’t have to spend dollars or thousands of naira to start. Ad is cheap and it helps people to easily like your page. Also, it spreads your business and reaches thousands of people that won’t see your post organically.
- Start a blog. This allows you to email your new subscribers to stay on top of their minds. It gives you the chance to share your blog post links on social media. You don’t have to blog daily if it isn’t convenient. Just be consistent and choose the plans that work best for you.
To Wrap U
If you can provide consumers with items or services that in some ways increase their comfort, help them cope with the challenges or problems of each day, provide entertainment, you will be offering real value to your audience.
Always remember it is a step at a time. Don’t be in a hurry, take notes of the experiences you had and help yourself not to repeat mistakes.
Subscribe to follow interesting topics in our blogs. Subscription is free and you can easily unsubscribe anytime you like.